Have you been interested in working with a Wealth Coach or Financial Adviser but want to learn a little more about the process first? After a discovery meeting is complete (where we go through your goals and aspirations, get an accurate picture of your financial position and work out what it will take to achieve your financial and lifestyle goals), we move on to building your roadmap, which we take you through at your proposal meeting. To help you understand what to expect, we share below the details of a proposal meeting Ryan recently completed with a new client.
Met with a client for his proposal meeting this week – where we map out what our proposed strategy would be for him if he was a Catalyst client.
He is single, earning $260,000/annum & has a low level of ongoing monthly expenses. Meaning there is plenty of funds available each month to allocate towards his financial goals.
Main goals for this client are to:
- Pay off his $11.5K car loan ASAP
- Purchase a property for $1.2M in 3 year’s time
- Start investing ASAP to build an asset base that can pay him an income in the future
With our proposed strategy in place this client will be able to achieve the following over the next 5 years (based on the assumptions we have used in our proposal)
- Pay off his car loan in 3 months (not 2 years which is how long it would have taken with the minimum repayments he is currently paying)
- Save $180,000 for a property deposit in the next 3 years for his property purchase goal
- Build an investment portfolio of approx. $77,000 (to help with goal # 3 above)
- Increase his net asset position by $446,693 over the next 5 years if our proposed strategy is implemented and maintained
The key focus for this client’s strategy was to put in place the financial structure that is required for him to achieve the above goals.
This included focusing on what he was spending week to week and putting a structure around this – we ended up at $500/week for his discretionary spending. We also set up automatic contributions towards his goals each month – so there wasn’t any “lazy money” sitting in his bank account that could be spent.
Once his financial structure is implemented our job then becomes to act as his Wealth Coach and catch up with him regularly throughout the year to review, measure and update his goals, strategy and financial progress. If you’re wondering how we can help you get ahead, tell us a bit about yourself and what you’re hoping to achieve or book in for a chat today. Get in touch.
Ryan Porter is a Wealth Coach at Catalyst Wealth Group. His mission is to help his clients achieve financial success and live their ideal life.
Any advice or information in this publication is of a general nature only and has not taken into account your personal circumstances, needs or objectives. Because of that, before acting on the advice, you should consider its appropriateness to you, having regard to your objectives, financial situation or needs.